Avast Free Antivirus with extensive computer security functionality against a variety of viral threats, anti-spy, behavior analyzer, web protection, password manager and email protection.
Avast Free Antivirus provides advanced computer protection capabilities against the myriad dangers of the Internet, additional network analysis tools, software updates, and drivers. The built-in «Do Not Disturb» mode will help the user do their daily chores without being distracted by notifications.
Avast state-of-the-art technology provides the most reliable and resource-free protection against the most common viruses and other Internet threats.
The product will provide the best possible operating system and will be a worthy replacement for standard Windows security.
Avast Free Antivirus Functionality
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware threat detection module.
- App and program behavior analysis feature.
- CyberCapture identifying suspicious files.
- Protect surfing in the global Internet.
- Protection from ransomware.
- Smart computer scanning.
- Emergency loading drive.
- Wi-Fi network analyzer.
- Clean up web browsers.
- «Don't Disturb» mode.
- Protect your email.
- Password manager.
- Software update.
New in version Avast Free Antivirus 20.8.2429Improvements:
- Improved accessibility - Our interface is now better suited for impaired users.
- Safer web browsing - Web Shield now supports scanning for threats in Google's QUIC protocol.
- Friendlier CyberCapture - If you stumble upon a file we can’t identify, CyberCapture can send it to our ThreatLabs for a detailed analysis. We've updated this entire process to make it easier than ever.
- Better Remote Access Shield - Not only do we now support Windows ’Samba protocol, we’ve also added logs to show all remote connection attempts to your computer. (Avast Premium Security only).
- Firewall recognizes VPNs - Firewall now knows when you’re using our VPN and won’t classify this as an unknown network. (Avast Premium Security only).
- Stomped a pretty nasty UI bug that made AV pop up randomly.
- Edge case fixed where Password Protection didn’t recognize supported browsers.
- Text encoding of an exclusion created from detection dialog.
- Shredder can now properly shred read-only files.
- Fixed service crashes that happened when uninstalling the Wi-Fi Inspector component.
- Remnants of configurations are now properly stored in the registry (instead of avast5.ini).
- Firewall no longer blocks ping (this was an edge case).
- Fixed the excessive memory usage of process monitor caused by Behavioral Shield hooking.
- Fixed OS boot problems when running smss.exe as virtualized.
- Plugged a memory leak in RegistryChangeWatcher.
- Fixed aswToolsSvc.exe initialization issues upon version update and before OS restart.
- Fixed serviceDLL monitoring and removal.
- Repair action now properly fixes hooklib.dll.
- Remote Access Shield detection window no longer appears if you've disabled its notifications in settings...
Avast Free Antivirus System Requirements
- Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (32 or 64-bit)
- Pentium 4, 1 gigabyte of RAM and 2 gigabytes on drive.
Right to use: Free (private)
Manufacturer: AVAST Software
Developer country: Czech Republic
Final version: 20.8.2432
Interface language: English
File size: 477 MB
Download Avast Free Antivirus and keep your computer safe from a variety of viral threats: